Our Honey Sriracha Meatballs are low in fat, and full of sweet and spicy flavour. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, making it perfect for a midweek dinner. It also stores well in the fridge if you fancy making it in your weekly meal prep – staying on track never tasted so good!
We’ve opted for turkey meatballs instead of beef, and bake instead of fry to cut back on extra calories and saturated fat. This means each portion is under 400 calories and is packed with 24g of protein to help with muscle recovery and keep you feeling fuller for longer. You can also add more veg to bulk out your portion size too!
Don’t fancy rice? Switch out the basmati rice for another grain like couscous, quinoa, or bulgur wheat, or pair with noodles instead.
- 12 turkey meatballs
- 80g Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 300g cooked basmati rice
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- Low calorie oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 190c
- Spray a baking tray with low-calorie oil spray and place meatballs evenly spaced and cook for 20 mins until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the sriracha, soy, vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in a small pan. Bring to the boil over a gentle heat, stirring continuously.
- Simmer the sauce for 8 mins, as it begins to thicken drop in the cooked meatballs.
- Serve on bed of brown rice and top with spring onions and grated carrot.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and box up for an easy food prep.
PureGym wishes you a lot of fun cooking and a good appetite!
For more healthy recipe ideas, check out the recipe section of our BLOG which is packed full of nutritious and most importantly tasty meals to help you reach your goals!