High protein, gluten free and quite delicious.
Nutritional values per person:
What you need (4 people):
- 500g cauliflower
- salt, pepper
- 200g Emmental cheese (block)
- 2 eggs (size M)
- 5 spring onions
- ½ bunch chives
- 3 sprigs Italian parsley
- 150g cream cheese (e.g. balance) or yoghurt
- 100g lean diced ham
What to do:
- Divide cauliflower into florets and rinse.
- Steam in approx.
- 1 litre of salted water for 3–4 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and allow to cool slightly.
- Finely grate cauliflower florets with a grater or food processor.
- Place grated cauliflower in a clean dish towel and squeeze out liquid.
- Preheat oven (e-stove: 180°C/fan: 160°C/gas: refer manufacturer).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Finely grate the cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, cheese and eggs with your hands until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cauliflower mixture on baking sheet into a rectangle about 1cm thick and cook in hot oven for approx. 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the spring onions and slice finely.
- Rinse herbs, shake dry.
- Slice chives finely.
- Pluck leaves from parsley, chop finely.
- Mix cream cheese with salt, pepper and half of the herbs.
- Remove the tray from the oven.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto cauliflower base.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and diced ham.
- Bake low-carb pancake for a further 15 minutes approximately.
- Sprinkled with remaining herbs and serve.
PureGym wishes you a lot of fun cooking and a good appetite!
For more healthy recipe ideas, check out the recipe section of our BLOG which is packed full of nutritious and most importantly tasty meals to help you reach your goals!