These turkey Singapore style noodles are a quick and easy go to meal that tastes like it should be a staple in your weekly meal planning.
Contrary to their namesake, Singapore noodles originate from Cantonese style restaurants in Hong Kong and have become a popular cuisine in western countries with many restaurants and takeaways offering the dish.
We’ve stir-fried lean turkey mince and prawns with noodles, veggies, herbs, and spices for a sweet and sour dish with an authentic flavour, that is a healthier alternative to takeaway versions. It’s high volume, high protein, and low fat, helping to satisfy those cravings while keeping you full.
Stir fry dishes are a great way to pack in veggies, which not only increases the nutritional benefits of the dish, but also increases the volume without adding a lot of calories. This is a great way to ensure you stay full for longer when you are trying to make healthy changes to your diet. This dish is under 400 calories and contains just 4g of fat per portion so it’s a useful option if you’re sustaining a calorie deficit!
With two sources of protein, our turkey Singapore style noodles has 36g of protein per portion, which also helps to keep you fuller for longer. Eating enough protein helps your body to recover and build muscle, so this is a great meal to include if you’re trying to get those gym gains.
Our turkey Singapore style noodles will help to fuel your gains and aid recovery making the dish an ideal meal prep or post workout meal due to its substantial 36g or protein per portion!
These noodles certainly don’t scrimp on ingredients and flavour, but the whole recipe serving four people costs less than CHF 5 at just CHF 1.24 a portion. Plus it’ll take you just 25 minutes to whip up from start to finish!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- Low calorie oil spray
- 250g lean turkey mince
- 250g rice noodles
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 100g beansprouts
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced (separate greens and whites)
- 160g raw king prawns
- 2 eggs
- Fresh coriander
- Heat a wok or large frying pan with low calorie oil spray.
- Fry off the turkey mince until cooked through and remove from the pan.
- Next, cook the rice noodles as per packet instructions, before draining and setting aside.
- Now, add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the ginger, chili and red pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Now sprinkle over the curry powder and turmeric and stir well as you let the spices cook off.
- Add the beansprouts, whites of the spring onions, soy sauce and king prawns and stir fry until the prawns are cooked through.
- Next, push the prawns to the side of the pan and crack two eggs into the wok, scrambling them until cooked.
- Return the turkey mince to the pan along with the noodles and stir fry until combined and hot.
- Serve your Singapore noodles topped with fresh coriander and the greens of the spring onions.
For more healthy recipe ideas, check out the recipe section of our Blog which is packed full of nutritious and most importantly tasty meals to help you reach your goals!